Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
With an experienced, knowledgeable early childhood education faculty and a flexible curriculum, Winchester Thurston School, North Campus offers our youngest learners an idyllic place where they can scoop tadpoles from the pond, observe wildlife habitats up close, and design and lead outdoor explorations during all four seasons. As one of the top kindergartens in Allison Park, PA, we take pride in providing our youngsters with a well-rounded education.
A Responsive Approach to Learning
From the students' earliest years, we introduce the concept of community. Our preschool and kindergarten teachers bring to their classrooms a full understanding of how children learn, and they build the curriculum around the curiosity of each individual child.
Our private Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten is grounded in the Responsive Classroom approach, and our faculty bring together social and academic learning throughout the school day.
The Early Childhood Program provides:
- A small class setting in a safe, secure, inspiring learning environment
- A curriculum that brings together social-emotional and academic learning
- Dedicated science education
- Computer Science and technology integrated into the curriculum
- An introduction to world language and culture
- An art curriculum that is art history based
- Comprehensive performing arts program
- Physical education highlighted by adventure-based activities
- Exploration and experimentation that is informed by children's interests
- Enriched and unique learning environments -- indoor and outdoor
- Students and families who take tremendous pride in the WT school community
- Half day and full day kindergarten and pre-k schedules which include specials and academic work
- Extended day and after school program options which allow children to be dropped off as early as 7:30 a.m. and picked up as late as 6:00 p.m.