Investing in Your Child
Full participation in our learning community is a hallmark of the North Hills Campus at WT—and it takes the full support of our community of trustees, parents, alumnae/i, faculty, and other friends to invest in talented and dedicated teachers, offer dynamic and engaging programs, and maintain our idyllic seven-acre campus.
Each year, parents contribute to the WT Fund – our annual campaign in support of operations. The WT Fund helps to bridge the 20% gap between tuition and the actual cost, making this extraordinary education possible.
Here are just a few examples of how your gift enhances the learning experience at the North Hills Campus at WT:
- Preservation and improvement of the Outdoor Classroom environment on our campus, from the spring-fed pond to the Northbound Trail, from the butterfly garden, to the nature playground, where students enthusiastically explore, discover, and play.
- Traditional class trips to The Mountain Institute and Lutherlyn, where students engage in hands-on learning about sustainability and biodiversity.
- A Mac Mini lab in the Pond House, where students learn animation from the experts at Pittsburgh Filmmakers.
- Orff instruments in classrooms so students can explore their artistic potential through movement and sound.
- Professional development for teachers that enriches and enhances each student’s learning—from an art teacher’s trip to Ireland to study classic painting techniques, to curricular workshops at Columbia University Teacher’s College for all language arts faculty, to a physical education teacher learning about managing, designing, and building challenging outdoor curriculum in our outdoor classrooms.
- A socio-economically diverse student body through generous financial aid.
Sharing the importance of philanthropy is central to WT’s fundraising efforts. If you would like to help advance WT’s mission in this important way, please make a gift now, or contact us to become involved in parent giving at WT.